Engineered Greenhouses Webinar
Questions & Answers
- Can you do energy modeling with various options to understand the heating and cooling costs?
We have a software program with a calculator that will give you an idea of the cost of propane or natural gas based on the USDA low averages for where you live. It's just a matter of plugging in a couple numbers. We can tell you approximately how much propane or natural gas you will use over a certain period of time and approximately how much it would cost.
- Do you have any designs that incorporate foundations that also function as cisterns and heat sinks?
We do not at this time. An engineer would be more able to answer your question. However, we have worked with customers who have built their own foundation to have these functions. If you decide to do your own foundation, we can incorporate it very easily into the design of the greenhouse.
- I am interested in retrofitting an existing building to use as a growing space. I want to replace the roof with greenhouse film to let some heat and light in. Can TekSupply help me design a solution?
Absolutely, that is what we're here for. We would need a few pictures or a diagram of what you want to do so we can make the best recommendation. We can suggest what type of film will work best for you or, if you wanted something a little more permanent, whether you should use twin wall polycarbonate or corrugated polycarbonate.
- Is polycarbonate suitable for gothic style greenhouses?
Yes, twin-wall and corrugated polycarbonate each have a specific bend radius and there is an optimum temperature that you use when installing it. We use both varieties of polycarbonate in our designs.
- The building codes in our area limit building height to 13', but we are interested in the highest straight sidewall possible. What do you suggest?
We have certain models that have very high side walls. The Majestic Greenhouses have a 10' side wall height and our Pro Solar Star Gothic Style Greenhouses have a 6' side wall height. Our design and manufacturing teams can custom-build anything that you are looking for.
Read our Greenhouses Buyer's Guide
Return to Webinars